Sunday, October 9, 2011

All things baby....

Some of you may have been wondering why I've been SO quiet recently, well apart from a VERY CRAZY end of term it is because I've been making "secret plans and clever tricks" (Roald Dahl) My "little" sister is expecting again and this time it's a.........


I created this banner for her baby shower which I hosted yesterday afternoon and just in case you've missed it, I used Bo Bunny's Crazy Love and Crush lines to make it and these darling little shoes as a Thank you gift for all the guests
I found the template for these shoes here

Now, you may be thinking that those little bits don't take all that much time, BUT planning and decorating the nursery does ;0)
I loved helping to prepare for Ruddick's arrival and this time we had his help to prepare for his little sister or "my baby" as he says!

The BIG REVEAL
You can't see it all that clearly but this little banner has a stork that I've cut out using my cricut and the "Sugar and Spice Cricut Lite" cartridge and of course Bo Bunny's Crush.


Not everything is homemade, Mom and I found a gorgeous baby shop and just fell in love with the colours and the designs and so we shopped up a storm! We spent all of yesterday morning cleaning, decorating and unpacking

This time, Bronwen got her rocking chair- her wish is our command( well, sort of) Dad spent hours painting and sanding to make sure it was perfect! Mom organised cushions to be made and ties to be sewn on.


This is the little lamp I painted, Dad made it. Once I'd found the image I wanted and it was the correct size, Dad set about cuting it out and assembling the lamp ready for painting and then finished it off with the wiring and the globe!

Love this picture, Ruddick is filling his mommy in on all that we had been up to that morning.....

Nothing like a GROUP HUG to share the joy!










Can you see the joy in his face? Love this little boy SO much and soon I'll have another little angel in my life........


Thanks for stopping by and letting me share!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday


Hugs


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sam you have out done yourself. How blessed your sister is to have you and your parents. Baby is going to be blissfully happy in this nursery decorated from the heart!
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute nursery love the little baby shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it Sam. You're amazing. And all the best for the delivery and the new arrival Bronwen. Plus a great big hug to that gorgeous mum you are so lucky to have. Lots of love from Diane in Western Australia
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to mention that I put my paper on the cricut mat upside down to cut the second shoe and got the "buckle" side reversed that way. I used this to make one blue and one pink shoe and put them on my hubby dresser with the positive pregnancy test to announce that we're expecting. Thanks for a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate your thoughts and comments.